This position is a leadership position that has potential to enable the organization’s future growth and strategy. Over the short-term, the Strategy Head’s primary responsibility will be to work with the CEO / Founders to strategize and streamline systems and processes across all corporate functions. Over the longer term, the role is expected to evolve into assuming responsibilities to create sustainable lines of business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop long term strategies for each of the business lines in line with org. strategy.
- Develop implementation roadmap for the designed strategy.
- Streamline the business development, proposal writing, budgeting, monitoring & reporting processes across business lines.
- Strengthen/ develop systems and processes for support functions keeping in mind the company’s growth plans.
- Identify and resolve function-specific and cross-functional issues to improve operational efficiency.
- Develop monitoring and reporting process for projects/ programs and ensure that every member of the organisation has access & training on tools.
- Strengthen monthly financial reporting process and assist the Founders in monthly financial review and analysis.
- Work with the Founder and other core team members to develop reports enabling more insightful analysis on GFI’s financial status and growth plans.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Assess and manage risk through analysis of financial, statistical and economic data.
- Make critical decisions to solve problems in times of need and uncertainty.
- Combine marketing, operations and financial knowledge to achieve program goals.
- Predict and manage change through innovative methods.
- Ability to act as a representative of the project in public forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment.
Education and Experience:
- Professional experience in Business functions (BD/Sales/Alliances/Strategy/ Operations/Planning and other Business allied functions)
- 2-5 years of over all work-ex
- Master’s degree, such as MBA or MPA, preferred.