KNAV Corporate Finance recently hosted a webinar to discuss “Back to the Future: Capital Raise and M&A 2020” and invited Tarun Davda (Managing Director, Matrix Partners India), Beena Chotai (CFO, ICICI Ventures), Rajesh Sehgal (Managing Partner, Equanimity), and Rajesh Khairajani (Partner, Knav) to opine on the evolution of the Venture Capital and M&A environment in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The session was moderated by Vaibhav Manek (Co-Founder & Partner, KNAV).
Highlights from the conversation include:
- The current and near term Fundraise environment: early-stage and growth-stage
- Cashflow and Runway management for startups and SME’s
- Bridge rounds and Valuation effects brought on by COVID-19
- Scaling challenges: measures to be undertaken by founders to navigate scaling amidst a crisis
- The changing landscape of Venture Capital:
- Deal evaluation & investing process
- Profitability (sustainability) versus Growth (burn rate)
- Culture and people: strategies to keep team morale high, advice on successfully managing a team remotely among other WFH productivity hacks
- M&A’s in the current environment
- How to think about acquisitions and buyouts at this time?
- Is this a time for business consolidation to be carried out?